Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible wifi bug?

Whenever I open my Macbook Pro (M1 Max on OS 12.5) after a prolonged (>30min) period of time closed, wifi doesn't connect as expected and web browsers keep reloading webpages trying to connect. The only solution so far is by restarting. Any ideas what the source of this issue might be?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 9:43 AM

The first thing I would do is to restart the computer in the Safe Mode. Hold down the Shift key on restart. Be patient as this process can take up to ten minutes while the operating system is fixing itself and cleaning its caches. Then restart normally and see how it performs.

3 replies

Sep 6, 2022 9:52 AM in response to yeemeister

Good advise from previous posting Restarting in Safe Mode and then put it to sleep for the 30 Minutes like before and then open it again.

What happens ? Does it connect to Internet like it should?

If Yes, this may indicate some Third Party Software is interfering with the Connection process

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from the Developer. 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Sep 6, 2022 10:22 AM in response to yeemeister

I concur with the previous posters who advised to restart in Safe Mode.

NOTE: in an M1 mac, the way to start in Safe Mode is different! Press and hold the power button until you are presented with boot options (instead of using the Shift key as in Intel macs).

If you can sleep and wake without losing wifi whilst in Safe Mode, for sure some third party software is causing the problem.

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Possible wifi bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.