Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing a Apple TV+ Subscription

I currently have an Apple TV+ subscription, and I'm trying to share it with my wife.

On my iPhone I invited her to join my "Family" under Family Sharing. She accepted the invitation, and is now listed as an accepted Family Member. When I click on her name, it shows that she has access to Apple TV+

Under "SHARED WITH YOUR FAMILY" it shows the Apple TV+ icon, and when I click on that it shows my wife's named under "SHARED WITH"

When my wife accesses the Apple TV app on her iPhone, it shows that she is logged in under her Apple ID. When she goes to the Library she can see my username and has access to my movie purchases (which is perfect). However, when she tries to access Apple TV+ content (example: Ted Lasso), it says she has to sign-up and pay for Apple TV+

Question: Does Family Sharing allow you to share your Apple TV+ subscription to Family Members so they can watch Apple TV+ content?

If the answer is YES, can someone help explain to me what I'm doing incorrectly? I've searched these forums and I can't seem to find an answer that fits and/or fixes this.

Thank you!

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 2:53 AM

Question: Does Family Sharing allow you to share your Apple TV+ subscription to Family Members so they can watch Apple TV+ content?

Yes.

If the answer is YES, can someone help explain to me what I'm doing incorrectly?

Verify that she is using the same Apple ID account as used to join the Family Sharing group, when trying to access Apple TV+ content. Subscription content is available directly from the Channels, not through the library. Mismatched accounts won’t work (in case she has more than one account). It should be that no other action is required.

If the issue persists, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the the Apple Support staff for further assistance, as they can look at the accounts. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 2:53 AM in response to milno

Yes.

If the answer is YES, can someone help explain to me what I'm doing incorrectly?

Verify that she is using the same Apple ID account as used to join the Family Sharing group, when trying to access Apple TV+ content. Subscription content is available directly from the Channels, not through the library. Mismatched accounts won’t work (in case she has more than one account). It should be that no other action is required.

If the issue persists, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the the Apple Support staff for further assistance, as they can look at the accounts. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Oct 2, 2021 2:20 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you Urquhart1224!

I contacted Apple Support, and they looked over my settings and couldn't find anything wrong (nothing was set-up incorrectly on my end). So they had me click on Settings > My Name > Media & Purchases and then click Sign Out. After that, I signed back in using my Apple ID and password, then restarted the Apple TV+ app on my wife's phone. After that, it worked!

Family Sharing a Apple TV+ Subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.