Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 shuts iff

I have a iPhone 7 that I bought new from Walmart ended up cracking my screen but it was still usable then a some point i took it to a local phone repair shop and I got the screen fixed but ever since then my phone will shut off at random only turns on if plugged in and will it only stay on for like 5mins top at a straight use battery shows charging or full power when I turn it on for the first time then after a few minutes it shuts off when back on it shows dead battery at 1 % I’ve restored phone using iTunes doesn’t change I’ve put it in DNF mode same thing no change

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 10:50 PM

It sounds like your battery is very deteriorated. You might want to check the battery condition in Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

I personally have 77% maximum capacity on my iPhone 7 and it won't last longer than about 30 minutes of use.

If your maximum capacity is even lower and it's your primary phone, you might want to consider a battery replacement.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 10:50 PM in response to Under_Tha_Cover_Lover187

It sounds like your battery is very deteriorated. You might want to check the battery condition in Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

I personally have 77% maximum capacity on my iPhone 7 and it won't last longer than about 30 minutes of use.

If your maximum capacity is even lower and it's your primary phone, you might want to consider a battery replacement.

iPhone 7 shuts iff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.