Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.0.1 draing battery and heating my iPhone SE 2020

Hi, i updated my phone iPhone SE 2020 to iOS 15.0.1 and since i updated my phone is heating with out even using phone and also i see too much of battery drain, restarted couple of times and closed all running apps. please let me know if any one facing similar issues on iPhone SE 2020 and if any steps suggested to fix these issues.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 7:07 PM

I’m getting a huge unexplained battery drain on my new iPhone 13 Pro, just in the last couple days, so I think it was the 15.0.1 update. Nothing else has changed. I’m a heavy email and Twitterrific user, but not much else. My iPhone went from100% to 20% in 12 hours - that’s not right for a phone that claims to be able to play video for 20 hours straight!

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 7:07 PM in response to tohema2143

I’m getting a huge unexplained battery drain on my new iPhone 13 Pro, just in the last couple days, so I think it was the 15.0.1 update. Nothing else has changed. I’m a heavy email and Twitterrific user, but not much else. My iPhone went from100% to 20% in 12 hours - that’s not right for a phone that claims to be able to play video for 20 hours straight!

Oct 6, 2021 12:21 AM in response to Steve Rothman

20 hours video lol.

Don't fall for the adverts and check the language.

Next you will think you can submerge it for 30 minutes and a scratch proof screen.

Screen-on for 12 hours solid will burn battery.

See the advice above. Restart the phone and check per-app usage. Charge all night every night to take it above 80% charge.

It may settle in a few days.

If you are right about 15.0.1 then there is nothing any of us can do.

Oct 6, 2021 2:33 AM in response to Zarontavern

My iphone 12 is fast, responsive and battery lasts from 7 am to midnight much of which spent on this forum.

Check for rogue apps and uninstall any useless power wasters like antivirus and VPN

If you have touch issues on iPhone 12 after doing the above then take it to Apple Store while it is still under warranty.

iOS 15.0.1 draing battery and heating my iPhone SE 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.