Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocking the Iphone 13 Pro Max using Apple watch

Hello

I have the IOS 15.1 on my Iphone 13 Pro Max and it seems there is a bug when I try to unlock the phone using the Apple watch series 6. It doesn’t work.

Do you have any ideea if this was reported as a software bug ?

Kind regards,

Gabi

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 9:26 AM

Are you using Beta on your phone? If you are, you can expect issues.

Yesterday, Apple released iOS 15.0.1 as a public release, which I can confirm was intended to and did fix the Unlock with Apple Watch issue for iPhone 13.

If you want the public release version, you'll need to unenroll from Beta to be able to install the public release.

If you want to do that, see this --> https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 9:26 AM in response to GabrielCristian

Are you using Beta on your phone? If you are, you can expect issues.

Yesterday, Apple released iOS 15.0.1 as a public release, which I can confirm was intended to and did fix the Unlock with Apple Watch issue for iPhone 13.

If you want the public release version, you'll need to unenroll from Beta to be able to install the public release.

If you want to do that, see this --> https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll

Oct 2, 2021 9:27 AM in response to GabrielCristian

You said that you have iOS 15.1 on your new iPhone 13 Pro Max. That is actually a BETA version at this time. The public release version is iOS 15.0.1 at this time. iOS version 15.0.1 has the fix for the bug that you mentioned in your post.

If you have iOS Beta 15.1 version then you need to update to iOS Beta 15.1 Beta 2 version. I cannot discuss beta versions here however you can update to beta 2 in the same way that you updated to iOS 15.1 beta.

Axel F.

Unlocking the Iphone 13 Pro Max using Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.