Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID för iPad mini

Hi I wonder why there is no Face ID in the new iPad mini 2021? I consider to buy but then I discovered it hasn’t got it. It’s much more convenient than just Touch ID. Both options would be ok. But just have Touch ID is a letdown.

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 1:28 PM

The 2021 iPad mini specification is clear in that the iPad has TouchID:

iPad mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

If purchased directly from Apple, you have a 14-day unconditional return period within which to return a device for exchange or refund. If you are disappointed or otherwise dissatisfied with your selection, you would be well advised to return your iPad whilst you have opportunity to do so.

Be aware that the 2021 iPad mini and iPad Air both feature TouchID built-in to the top button. The 2021 (and 2020) models of iPad Pro have FaceID. You can compare all models here:

iPad - Compare Models - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 1:28 PM in response to Rogga18

The 2021 iPad mini specification is clear in that the iPad has TouchID:

iPad mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

If purchased directly from Apple, you have a 14-day unconditional return period within which to return a device for exchange or refund. If you are disappointed or otherwise dissatisfied with your selection, you would be well advised to return your iPad whilst you have opportunity to do so.

Be aware that the 2021 iPad mini and iPad Air both feature TouchID built-in to the top button. The 2021 (and 2020) models of iPad Pro have FaceID. You can compare all models here:

iPad - Compare Models - Apple

Face ID för iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.