Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage issue on 13 Pro

I was coming from an iPhone 12 Pro 256 and was using roughly about 200gb so I upgraded to am iPhone 13 pro 512gb but after I restored from my backup now it’s saying I’m using about 400gb ? Is this an error ? Anyone having a similar issue ??

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 3:30 PM

Did you use iCloud for backups with your old iPhone? If Yes, then Is it possible that you had a lot of data related to Photos/videos on your iPhone 12 Pro 256GB AND you had Optimize iPhone Storage set to ON while using iCloud? The point that I am trying to make is that if you used iCloud and Optimized iPhone Storage on your old iPhone then you should use the same settings on your new iPhone. Double check whether Optimized iPhone Storage is set to ON on your new iPhone. If not, then set it to ON and after a few hours of optimization, the total occupied storage on your new iPhone should match to that of the old iPhone.

Of course, if you do not use iCloud for photos or backups then all of the above that I have typed will NOT apply to you.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 3:30 PM in response to dgarrido707

Did you use iCloud for backups with your old iPhone? If Yes, then Is it possible that you had a lot of data related to Photos/videos on your iPhone 12 Pro 256GB AND you had Optimize iPhone Storage set to ON while using iCloud? The point that I am trying to make is that if you used iCloud and Optimized iPhone Storage on your old iPhone then you should use the same settings on your new iPhone. Double check whether Optimized iPhone Storage is set to ON on your new iPhone. If not, then set it to ON and after a few hours of optimization, the total occupied storage on your new iPhone should match to that of the old iPhone.

Of course, if you do not use iCloud for photos or backups then all of the above that I have typed will NOT apply to you.

Axel F.

Storage issue on 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.