You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen share option not showing on iOS 15.0.1

hi i have updated my iPhone xr to the recent update, IOS 15.0.1, and when i was trying to FaceTime my friend, he was able to screen share on his phone but i didnt even have the option for it on FaceTime. The button wasn't there. I don't know how to fix this problem, im not sure if its something that can be fixed in settings. Also, his screen share wouldn't pop up on my phone. Nothing was on the screen, I was only able to hear what he was doing on his phone, not see. I seriously want to screen share but I cant. Please help me!

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 5:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 5:38 PM

The feature that you are referring to is known as SharePlay. SharePlay is a planned feature that will be released in a near future version of iOS 15. SharePlay is NOT included in iOS version 15.0.1.

So, why does your friend claim to have that feature? Your friend is probably running the recent BETA version of iOS 15.

This is therefore not a problem with your iPhone. When the feature is released to the public then you shall have it as well.

Axel F.

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2021 5:38 PM in response to janiceeexz

The feature that you are referring to is known as SharePlay. SharePlay is a planned feature that will be released in a near future version of iOS 15. SharePlay is NOT included in iOS version 15.0.1.

So, why does your friend claim to have that feature? Your friend is probably running the recent BETA version of iOS 15.

This is therefore not a problem with your iPhone. When the feature is released to the public then you shall have it as well.

Axel F.

Oct 11, 2021 9:01 AM in response to Wakingw

Axel F.

Nov 10, 2021 12:51 PM in response to deggie

Thanks for that. I have an iPhone with 15.1 and you can see from my above shot the toggle is on.

They are in another city with an iPad with 15.1 and the toggle is on.

We connect through FaceTime, swipe up and open Apple TV which we both have subscriptions and one of us opens say… Foundation. It starts playing but there is no button to SharePlay. How do we fix this?

Nov 11, 2021 11:41 PM in response to deggie

Thanks.

1) Turn off SharePlay.

2) Turn off FaceTime.

3) Reboot iPhone.

4) Turn on FaceTime.

5) Turn on SharePlay.

6) FaceTime someone with IOS 5.1 (or above if you’re reading this after new updates)

7) Swipe up (again now, whatever takes you back to icons)

8) Open Apple TV (which you both need) and start a program or movie from there. There should be a guy in a box in the upper right which was greyed out but isn’t anymore, so press it.

9) Watch movie together. 👍🏻👍🏻

Screen share option not showing on iOS 15.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.