Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you turn your bluetooth off and on if you're mouse isn't connecting?

My wireless mouse is not found by my iMac. It used to connect fine. I've tried turning the mouse off and on, plugging it into the computer to charge for a few minutes. All online advice says to also try turning off Bluetooth on your mac - but how am I supposed to do that w/o a working mouse? Frustrating piece of advice.

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 5:58 PM

Any usb wired mouse should work if you can get hold of one. I keep one from an old mac I recycled years ago for just such a problem and have used it fairly often for that purpose. If you can't find or borrow one you could try to reboot your Mac using the start up button on the back to shut it off and waiting a few seconds before turning it back on. That would effectively turn bluetooth off and on again and reset bluetooth.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 5:58 PM in response to franziskafromboston

Any usb wired mouse should work if you can get hold of one. I keep one from an old mac I recycled years ago for just such a problem and have used it fairly often for that purpose. If you can't find or borrow one you could try to reboot your Mac using the start up button on the back to shut it off and waiting a few seconds before turning it back on. That would effectively turn bluetooth off and on again and reset bluetooth.

Oct 2, 2021 6:08 PM in response to Richard Segedi

Thank you, Richard. I accidentally clicked "helpful" instead of "reply". Though of course you're being very helpful, your suggestion didn't help. Rebooting my iMac may have reset Bluetooth, but my mouse is still not found. And I don't have a wired mouse, nor does any of my friends. I don't understand why Apple designed the wireless mouse so that it has to be plugged in underneath - you should be able to use it wireless as well as plugged in.

how do you turn your bluetooth off and on if you're mouse isn't connecting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.