Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We can't download from iCloud

My wife got a new phone and tablet and put in a different apple ID username than the one for her older iPhone and we can't down load from icloud. I tried to change her username but it will not let me use the new email address what can I do to import her information from old phone to the new phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 8:15 PM

To sync the same iCloud data from old iPhone with new iPhone / tablet ( in which Apple ID and password is different ) , all devices should be signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network .

From new iPhone sign out Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support the newly created Apple ID and sign in Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support with your old Apple ID and its password of an old iPhone .

See some articles Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

How iCloud keeps information up to date across all your devices - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 8:15 PM in response to PiperJ85

To sync the same iCloud data from old iPhone with new iPhone / tablet ( in which Apple ID and password is different ) , all devices should be signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network .

From new iPhone sign out Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support the newly created Apple ID and sign in Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support with your old Apple ID and its password of an old iPhone .

See some articles Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

How iCloud keeps information up to date across all your devices - Apple Support

We can't download from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.