You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3rd gen (A1469) Air Play suddenly stopped working

Cannot get Air Play to work as of 3 days ago. Tried restart, removed cord, etc. Haven't found answer here yet. Seems to function otherwise.

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 8:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 2:33 AM

What happens when you try to AirPlay something else (different app)? Does that work?

When you activate AirPlay, do you get to select the AirPlay receiving device? How far do you get in the configuration?

If the issue is confined to a single app, then contact that app developer. How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2021 2:33 AM in response to Brio9

What happens when you try to AirPlay something else (different app)? Does that work?

When you activate AirPlay, do you get to select the AirPlay receiving device? How far do you get in the configuration?

If the issue is confined to a single app, then contact that app developer. How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Oct 3, 2021 1:41 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I'm trying to AirPlay from an app on my iPad that always worked before...it allows me to stream TV programs from overseas. I've also tried to make it work from my iPhone to see if the iPad is the problem and it's not working from it either. I was able to make it work the day before and for about two yrs before that. I've checked everything and I don't know what went wrong all of a sudden. Nothing appears to have changed in the app either, but I've contacted support for it and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

I'm completely baffled. No problem with Prime or anything else. In fact, I've never had an issue with it before.

Oct 3, 2021 12:36 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I didn't even think to try AirPlay with a different app because I've only ever used it with the one. I just tried it with You Tube and it worked (I should have thought of that). I'm only ever given two AirPlay receiving devices to choose from, the Apple TV and the device the app is on and I always choose the Apple TV.

As stated in my previous reply, I already contacted the app developer the first day of the problem and I'm still awaiting their response. So I know now that the problem is most likely with them...makes sense.

Thank you for helping me narrow it down.

Apple TV 3rd gen (A1469) Air Play suddenly stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.