Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove the gridlines from "Print" in Numbers?

I made a sheet in Numbers (screenshot below). As you can see there are no gridlines. Just nice and clean.

However, when I then export this as a PDF, print and save as a PDF, or just in general print it.... it comes out with all these gridlines....

I have spent the last three hours trying to find some way to get rid of those and I can't find anything...... :( :(

Anyone know how to get rid of those gridlines when I print or save as PDF?

(If needed, I am running the latest version of Big Sur. Everything including Numbers is up-to-date)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 1:55 AM

It has some weird quirks with gridlines. I think it it is buggy. Give the cells borders of at least 1pt in width of the same color as the cell fill and it should print correctly. You should not have to do that but that was what I found to work.

I made a table that had every cell filled black. I tried no borders and then I tried borders starting at .25pt in width. This is what I found:

• No borders looks good on the screen but prints incorrectly with faint borders
  • Borders less than 1 pt in width show incorrectly as white lines on the screen and when printed, even though the borders are the same color as the cell fill.
  • Borders at least 1 pt in width that are the same color as the cell fill display correctly on the screen and print correctly with no faint lines between cells.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 1:55 AM in response to Vigo_Maximus

It has some weird quirks with gridlines. I think it it is buggy. Give the cells borders of at least 1pt in width of the same color as the cell fill and it should print correctly. You should not have to do that but that was what I found to work.

I made a table that had every cell filled black. I tried no borders and then I tried borders starting at .25pt in width. This is what I found:

• No borders looks good on the screen but prints incorrectly with faint borders
  • Borders less than 1 pt in width show incorrectly as white lines on the screen and when printed, even though the borders are the same color as the cell fill.
  • Borders at least 1 pt in width that are the same color as the cell fill display correctly on the screen and print correctly with no faint lines between cells.

How do I remove the gridlines from "Print" in Numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.