Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t clear history on safari

I can’t clear my history on my MacBook Pro. “Clear history” is always grayed out when I try to click on it. I do have screen time turned on with allowed websites only, so I turned off screen time entirely, and I still have “clear history” grayed out. How can I clear my history? I don’t like having a months worth of it sitting there. I can’t clear history on my phone either no matter what I do, but if I can clear it on my MacBook it should clear it on my iPhone.

I’d really love some help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 8:21 AM

If you have disabled all of screen time and if this is not a managed or provisioned Mac, then I don’t know what’s happening here.

See if a Safe Mode reboot clears this, boot into Recovery and try a repair there, and see if a different and newly-created login has the same issues with its Safari history.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 8:21 AM in response to JaySmashesPumpkins

If you have disabled all of screen time and if this is not a managed or provisioned Mac, then I don’t know what’s happening here.

See if a Safe Mode reboot clears this, boot into Recovery and try a repair there, and see if a different and newly-created login has the same issues with its Safari history.

Can’t clear history on safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.