Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app logo stays on screen on Android TV 9.0

Since the update of the Apple TV app to 4.0 version on my Android TV 9.0 device, the Apple logo of the splash screen stays in the center of the screen.

The app was installed from the Play Store, therefore I expect my device is supported.

Reinstalled the app and rebooted the device several times, which did not help.

Is there a way to solve this bug.

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 12:13 AM

19 replies

Oct 4, 2021 5:56 AM in response to iSmacks

Hi iSmacks,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We can definitely understand wanting to stream using the Apple TV+ app and want to help. Have you confirmed it is compatible with your Android TV? Check out: All the ways to watch Apple TV+ and more.

If it is, you can try the troubleshooting step here: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app.

Hope that helps!

Dec 1, 2021 5:09 AM in response to Teddy1107

Buy an Apple TV. This is what Apple wants from you. I have the same issue with the LInk Bar. The link bar android tv software platform is crap and the apple tv app for android tv is also full of bugs and with almost no support. Apple is good at creating software for their hardware only. I will be really surprised if they fix this.

Dec 29, 2021 4:00 AM in response to iSmacks

Both version 4.0 and 4.1 is corrupt and unusable.

Solution is to side load v3.0.

You will need to download v3.0 from an apk repository.

Install "Send Files to TV" from playstore on both the linkbar and your phone.

Send the file over using the new app and install.

Turn off auto update apps in playstore on the link bar

Hope it helps.

Note v3.0 may glitch occasionally but it's mostly stable from my experience

Apple TV app logo stays on screen on Android TV 9.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.