Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay audio sync does not work on connected wireless speaker

I have a wirelessly connected B&W Zeppelin speaker using AirPlay to my Apple TV 4K, and since the last update to tvOS 15, audio sync has stopped working while playing video. In version 14.7, everything worked just fine? Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thank you for any help.

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 9:55 AM

We have different user reports of similar issues with 15.0

A solution?? Nope, that must be fixed by Apple!!

I've found a workaround using a raspberry Pi, building shairport-sync for airport2 protocol and using it as an airplay receiver... It's not an optimal solution indeed, but is working correctly with audio in sync and no judder, hiccups and out of sync.

I think that the airplay problem is with airplay1 protocol, because if i build shairport-sync for airplay1 i have the same issue.

I was using an airport express 802.11n 1st gen base, and after the upgrade, i've done several test, included a complete reinitialization of apple tv with no luck until this workaround with RPi...

Hoping for a fix very soon.

I think that if multiple of us are sending feedback about the issue, they should prioritize it: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 9:55 AM in response to brosik_sy

We have different user reports of similar issues with 15.0

A solution?? Nope, that must be fixed by Apple!!

I've found a workaround using a raspberry Pi, building shairport-sync for airport2 protocol and using it as an airplay receiver... It's not an optimal solution indeed, but is working correctly with audio in sync and no judder, hiccups and out of sync.

I think that the airplay problem is with airplay1 protocol, because if i build shairport-sync for airplay1 i have the same issue.

I was using an airport express 802.11n 1st gen base, and after the upgrade, i've done several test, included a complete reinitialization of apple tv with no luck until this workaround with RPi...

Hoping for a fix very soon.

I think that if multiple of us are sending feedback about the issue, they should prioritize it: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple

AirPlay audio sync does not work on connected wireless speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.