Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Calendar Not Working After iOS 15 Update

Summary: Owner of a shared calendar updated iPhone 12 Pro Max to iOS 15, now I am unable to see events associated with a shared calendar on my apple devices (MacBook Air (Big Sur), iPhone X (iOS 15)).

Symptoms:

1. I verified the owner's iCloud/iPhone/iCal settings to ensure correct--we have shared this calendar for many years.
  2. When I sign in to calendar on my iCloud.com, the owner's calendar appears on the left side of my account with all events populated on the website only. No events on my devices.
  3. In my iCloud.com account, the owner's calendar keeps disappearing, reappearing, disappearing. Change occurs irregularly (i.e. maybe every 15-20 minutes) and persists for long periods of time.
  4. When the owner's shared calendar is present in my iCloud.com account, it still does not sync to my devices.
  5. The shared calendar, regardless of status in my iCloud.com, appears on the list of calendars on my devices, no events populated.

I appreciate any help from the community! Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 5:28 AM

Additional Info:

I occasionally receive an error message in the calendar app:

"The server responded with an error.

The request for account 'iCloud' Failed.

The server responded with '500' to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation"

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 7, 2021 8:43 AM in response to brett116

I have a similar problem. A few days ago (11/5/21), I was in my shared family calendar, and all of sudden it just disappeared. It no longer shows up in my list of calendars, and obviously none of the events show up. My wife created the calendar, and on her phone, it showed that I was still on the calendar. The shared calendar still works fine on her phone, and on our daughters' phones. It also does not appear on my iPad (it used to), or my icloud.com calendar.

She deleted me, and re-invited me to it, and I am not getting a notification to accept the invitation.

As a test, she then created another new calendar and invited me to join that, and I have not gotten that invitation either. We are both on latest version of ios 15, both iphone 12's.

Update: I added a new calendar as a test to see if I could invite my wife to join that. (To see if it worked "in the other direction"). As soon as I added the calendar to my phone, the Family (shared) calendar showed back up in my calendars. No notification, no invitation, it was just there again, and all associated events.

I was able to invite my wife to join my new calendar I had created, and she was able to join.

However:

I still have not received a notification to join the 2nd calendar she created and invited me to join.

I am not able to edit events in the shared calendar, even though on my wife's phone, it shows that I am allowed to.

On icloud.com, it shows up in my list of calendars, and when I click it, all the events show up on my calendar for about one second, then it unselects itself, and all the events drop off the calendar. I can not get it to stay selected.

Nov 10, 2021 7:48 AM in response to hhuestis

Update to my previous post: The invitation to join the calendars I mentioned were going to a secondary email address, rather than my phone or even primary address. In any event, once I found those invitations and accepted them, I regained full access to the calendars and was able to add and edit events. (TL;DR - Everything's fine now, but wasted over an hour troubleshooting and restoring because IOS 15 jacked up my calendars.)

Shared Calendar Not Working After iOS 15 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.