Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Earbud not working on phone calls

My earbuds work fine watching videos or listening to music, but not on phone calls. I hear nothing but the person on the other line hears static

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 3:10 PM

Hello,

Try this:

Open the Settings app and go to the Bluetooth section. Next to the AirPods entry on the list of devices, you should see an “i” icon inside of a circle. Tap this, then select microphone, and set it to either left, right or automatic. Try switching it back and forth.

Then, test with the Voice Memos app.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 3:10 PM in response to Dobber8181

Hello,

Try this:

Open the Settings app and go to the Bluetooth section. Next to the AirPods entry on the list of devices, you should see an “i” icon inside of a circle. Tap this, then select microphone, and set it to either left, right or automatic. Try switching it back and forth.

Then, test with the Voice Memos app.

Good luck.

Earbud not working on phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.