Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage space - other space virus

My storage space on my iPhone XS keeps showing no storage space left which causes issues and will not allow the sending or storing of files like, emails, texts, photos ect. Even after I delete items like photos, text threads, apps, etc. the space fills up with “other” and I am back not having space left with in days or at most a week. I have tried switching to different company iPhones but over time the problem persists, even over multiple software updates. This is super annoying, non-productive and makes the phone nearly unusable. Could this be a virus? What should I do?

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 7:00 AM

Normally Other is everything that is not in one of the colored areas. If Other is very large there is something amiss in the storage area on your phone. 

The best thing to do is to contact Apple support using this link—>https://getsupport.apple.com/. Apparently they can fix Other problems remotely. Ask for a senior advisor; not all of the tier 1 advisors are familiar with this problem.

You can try fixing it yourself:

Here is additional information on Other—>What is "Other" and what can I do about it?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 7:00 AM in response to artistic65

Normally Other is everything that is not in one of the colored areas. If Other is very large there is something amiss in the storage area on your phone. 

The best thing to do is to contact Apple support using this link—>https://getsupport.apple.com/. Apparently they can fix Other problems remotely. Ask for a senior advisor; not all of the tier 1 advisors are familiar with this problem.

You can try fixing it yourself:

Here is additional information on Other—>What is "Other" and what can I do about it?

Oct 3, 2021 6:37 AM in response to artistic65

Hello ~ This is an excellent article about device storage versus iCloud storage. Take a look here:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud ...

Your device has a finite amount of storage…that is why when purchasing an iPhone or any other device I encourage people to get the highest amount of device storage that they can. It is not a virus…we tend to keep a lot of info on our devices.

~Katana-San~

iPhone storage space - other space virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.