Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 step authentication

i am attending to log into my apple ID and icloud on my 2015 Mac desktop and every time I sign in it sends me the verification code to my phone but no window pops up on the computer to allow me to type in the code. Please Help!!! Currently running OS X 10.9.5 I believe

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 11:49 AM

See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 11:49 AM in response to jerad144

See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

2 step authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.