Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad stuck in what appears to be restore mode

My iPad stuck won’t load and asks to go to apple support to restore.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 2:35 PM

4 replies

Oct 3, 2021 3:48 PM in response to Carrimoose

Carrimoose wrote:

My iPad stuck won’t load and asks to go to apple support to restore.

Your iPad must be restored:

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

These support pages outline the available methods to restore an iPad - either from a backup, or to Factory Settings:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac computer is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

Oct 3, 2021 3:33 PM in response to Carrimoose

Yup,

Your iPad has gone into restore mode.

If you have never made any backups of the data on this iPad, the restore process Will completely erase all data stored in this iPad and your data will be gone forever.

You will need to have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes walk you through the iPad restore process.

Make sure your iPad is, at least, charged to 50% or greater to attempt this.

If NO access to a Mac or Windows computer, you will have to seek help from a good friend or family member, with a full Mac or Windows PC, to help you out

OR

Search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to try/attempt to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad upgraded/updated to its latest iPadOS 14.6.

Apple Store employees will be glad to help/assist you.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

My iPad stuck in what appears to be restore mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.