Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide My Email

how I can edit Hide My Email address to a pleasant one?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 3:25 PM

The entire point of the Hide My Email facility is that it is randomly generated - changing for each generated address. It is the random and unique nature of the email addresses, automatically generated by the system, that adds value to protection offered by this feature.

Also consider that for the system to work that every email address must be unique and without duplication. The ability to manually edit the address removes assurance of unique address generation.

What is Hide My Email? - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 3:25 PM in response to allaril

The entire point of the Hide My Email facility is that it is randomly generated - changing for each generated address. It is the random and unique nature of the email addresses, automatically generated by the system, that adds value to protection offered by this feature.

Also consider that for the system to work that every email address must be unique and without duplication. The ability to manually edit the address removes assurance of unique address generation.

What is Hide My Email? - Apple Support

Oct 4, 2021 4:45 PM in response to allaril

My “paying attention” will make not one iota of difference to Apple’s implementation of this service. Contributors here are all end-users, just like you, offering help with technical difficulties.

Apple do invite constructive feedback and feature requests via the Product Feedback pages. If you wish to make suggestions for improvement, this is the appropriate channel to do so:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Oct 4, 2021 4:35 PM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you for the answer!

Every email address can be unique and without duplication if authors of the system allow to edit email address as well.

Just add a feature of "this address is used already" and the user have to come up with a unique one.

It is a well-known feature in an account registration and elsewhere.

I hope you pay attention to this idea, because it will make Hide My Email more attractive. Email address is a very personal thing and worthy to take into account. Why not keep the random generation for sure and just add an user invented option.

Generally I am very grateful for Hide My Email staff, because I was forced to set innumerable spam filters in my gmail. These guys are extremely smart in a criminal way.

Wish you all the best and a lot of users!

Hide My Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.