Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix this problem. My phone will reset then it will tell me I need to update when my phone is all up to date and my data won’t work?

How do I fix this problem. My phone will reset then it will tell me I need to update when my phone is all up to date and my data won’t work?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 3:52 PM

Isaiah_verner Said:

"How do I fix this problem. My phone will reset then it will tell me I need to update when my phone is all up to date and my data won’t work?"

-------

Attempt an Update Using a Computer:

If it keeps resetting, then try updating (as it persistently tells you). To avoid this persistent notification on your iPhone, try updating via a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 3:52 PM in response to Isaiah_verner

Isaiah_verner Said:

"How do I fix this problem. My phone will reset then it will tell me I need to update when my phone is all up to date and my data won’t work?"

-------

Attempt an Update Using a Computer:

If it keeps resetting, then try updating (as it persistently tells you). To avoid this persistent notification on your iPhone, try updating via a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.