Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers update 11.2 . Unable to open a saved spreadsheet

As per subject heading… I have a spreadsheet which worked fine until this recent update.. after which it will not open. I have other spreadsheets which appear to open ok… these are all older and not used for some time. The one I cannot open is one I use daily, and could have been open when the update was performed,

any help on this subject would be appreciated thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 8:51 AM

It's possible that one document has become corrupted. First, though, you might try restarting your Mac and opening it again.

If that doesn't work, then it's time to go to Time Machine or whatever backup system you are using and restoring from there.

SG

5 replies

Oct 7, 2021 8:48 AM in response to Mikescapple

I think it Nothing to do with corruption except maybe at apple: the 11.2 numbers update is only compatible with mac OS 11!!

If you were on catalina, then too bad.

My shared spreadsheet stopped working when numbers 11.2 came out... tried to download it but to no avail. My imac is an old 2013 version pumped up with ssd and ram and works beautifully...

Why does apple have to play the windows "programmed obsolescence" game...

Oct 7, 2021 9:51 AM in response to Christian Nørgaard

While that is a valid question (for which you can probably guess the answer), it has nothing to do with what the original poster asked.

Note that you are not being forced to update Numbers or get a new computer. You can keep using the older version on your existing computer. The downside is you will be unable to open documents created with a newer version and unable to collaborate with others that have the newer version unless you use the iCloud version of Numbers.

Numbers update 11.2 . Unable to open a saved spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.