Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers help!

When I am working on a spreadsheet filled with data, sometimes a new screen pops up with a blank table - 5 columns and 10 Rows, no data. I cant get back to my original spreadsheet. This has happened to several of my important documents. Please help!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 4:42 AM

When you add a new sheet, it will create a new sheet in your document that has a table the size you described. I think you are accidentally hitting the keyboard shortcut for inserting a new sheet. The shortcut is Shift Command N.

You should see the list of sheets in tabs across the screen below the toolbar. The default names are Sheet 1, Sheet 2, and so on. Your original table is probably on Sheet 1. Click on Sheet 1 to go to it. You can right-click on the tabs for the accidentally added new sheets and delete them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 4:42 AM in response to dogGonE_9

When you add a new sheet, it will create a new sheet in your document that has a table the size you described. I think you are accidentally hitting the keyboard shortcut for inserting a new sheet. The shortcut is Shift Command N.

You should see the list of sheets in tabs across the screen below the toolbar. The default names are Sheet 1, Sheet 2, and so on. Your original table is probably on Sheet 1. Click on Sheet 1 to go to it. You can right-click on the tabs for the accidentally added new sheets and delete them.

Numbers help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.