Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove malware on my iPad calendar?

I have an iPad mini that I think is infected with malware. Everyday I get a series of messages on my calendar from alerthand and then a series of numbers. The message is telling me to Activate McAfee Antivirus software which I don't think I have on my iPad. I get messages on each calendar day saying my phone might have malware and that my passwords might be compromised. Oh, and there's a tiny ghost icon that comes with the messages. Any idea if I can get rid of this without a trip to an Apple Store?

Thanks!

Peter

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 6:17 AM

Start here:

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies

Oct 4, 2021 8:38 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Okay. Thanks, but that didn't do the trick! I still have malware and when I click on the link it brings me to alertness.com and a 'security notification' that my personal data might stolen! Hit 'OK' to protect your phone. When I hit OK it takes me to 'promo land.space and a download and install hyperlink. I'm pretty sure I don't want to do that so any other ideas on your end. Thanks!

Oct 4, 2021 9:10 AM in response to Mactor1966

Mactor1966 wrote:

Okay. Thanks, but that didn't do the trick! I still have malware and when I click on the link it brings me to alertness.com and a 'security notification' that my personal data might stolen! Hit 'OK' to protect your phone. When I hit OK it takes me to 'promo land.space and a download and install hyperlink. I'm pretty sure I don't want to do that so any other ideas on your end. Thanks!

Why are you clicking on those links? They are just links to websites trying to get you to put in your private information. You do not have malware on your phone.

How do I remove malware on my iPad calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.