Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printer driver HP LaserJet 1018

I have upgraded the operating system to macOS Big Sur and the HP 1018 printer does not work anymore. I deleted the printer's driver to reinstall but now I cannot find the driver. Is there any solution to this problem?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 12:10 PM

You say you can not find the driver. Do you mean that it is not available on the HP web site? You have not provided the full printer name, so I am unable to determine if a current driver is available. The site does show a number of "1018" types printers, so I assume that one may exist for your printer. Please visit the HP site and look more closely. Enter the full specific name of your printer to access the correct driver. Then, when you download the correct driver, your printer should work again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 12:10 PM in response to AppleNicSa

You say you can not find the driver. Do you mean that it is not available on the HP web site? You have not provided the full printer name, so I am unable to determine if a current driver is available. The site does show a number of "1018" types printers, so I assume that one may exist for your printer. Please visit the HP site and look more closely. Enter the full specific name of your printer to access the correct driver. Then, when you download the correct driver, your printer should work again.

Oct 4, 2021 4:29 PM in response to AppleNicSa

Hi,

The HP LaserJet 1018 is not supported for Mac, but HP LaserJet 1022 is.

You could perhaps begin by resetting the printing system (see link below) and re-adding the printer. Check whether the operating system suggests a suitable driver.

If necessary, you may want to try an HP LaserJet 1022 driver (version 1.6.1) from the (Post Date:Dec 11, 2020) HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS package at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US . Choose the 1022 in the Use: field when adding. Look upon this as an experiment. It may not work with your computer and macOS Big Sur. Make sure that you have backup copies of important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before carrying out any tests.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

printer driver HP LaserJet 1018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.