Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer Hp 1018

I have upgraded the operating system to macOS Big Sur and the HP 1018 printer does not work anymore. I deleted the printer's driver to reinstall but now I cannot find the driver. Is there any solution to this problem?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 5:34 PM

Hello,

The HP LaserJet 1018 is not supported for Mac, but LaserJet 1022 is.

You could perhaps try to reset the printing system (see steps in link below) and re-add the printer first, and see whether the operating system suggests something. If not, you may want to carry out a test with a fresh HP LaserJet 1022 (1.6.1) driver from the Dec 11, 2020 post date HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS package at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US ? Choose the 1022 driver in the Use: field when adding. Look upon this as an experiment. It may not work at all with your computer and Big Sur.

Alternatively, a Gutenprint driver could possibly be tested.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 5:34 PM in response to brunofromwindhoek

Hello,

The HP LaserJet 1018 is not supported for Mac, but LaserJet 1022 is.

You could perhaps try to reset the printing system (see steps in link below) and re-add the printer first, and see whether the operating system suggests something. If not, you may want to carry out a test with a fresh HP LaserJet 1022 (1.6.1) driver from the Dec 11, 2020 post date HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS package at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US ? Choose the 1022 driver in the Use: field when adding. Look upon this as an experiment. It may not work at all with your computer and Big Sur.

Alternatively, a Gutenprint driver could possibly be tested.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Printer Hp 1018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.