Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using MS 365 on iCloud

I would like to use my iCloud Drive as the main storage for use on my Apple devices. I use MS 365 software, mostly. When I click on any such document in the drive, it downloads rather than just opening the file. PDFs seem to open fine, but not Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Help, please.

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 9:10 AM

This is the way a MacBook operating system works, if you want to stop it from opening everytime you open it follow the below steps:

In Safari preferences > General > file download locations : ask for each download and uncheck the box of open safe files after downloading .if you check the box for ask for each download , it will always ask the permissions from the administrator . And you must have selected for " Downloads " from drop down arrows .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 9:10 AM in response to JohnWhetsel

This is the way a MacBook operating system works, if you want to stop it from opening everytime you open it follow the below steps:

In Safari preferences > General > file download locations : ask for each download and uncheck the box of open safe files after downloading .if you check the box for ask for each download , it will always ask the permissions from the administrator . And you must have selected for " Downloads " from drop down arrows .

Using MS 365 on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.