Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer dial the phone from macOS Safari

I often use(d) the context menu that appears in Safari when you select a phone number on a web page and then ask it to dial using my iPhone.

Sometime in the last weeks (maybe months?) I can no longer trigger this. The only selections in the menu now are to open the call in FaceTime or send a Message.

BT is on, and my iPhone appears in the Finder.

I have looked in Security, Privacy and Advanced, and there does not appear to be a setting for this anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 10:39 AM

Mac: Facetime: File > Preferences> Enable 'Calls from iPhone'

iPhone: Settings> Phone> Calls on other Devices> enabled 'Allow Calls on Other Devices" and ensure that the name of your Mac is on the list and enabled.

1 reply

Can no longer dial the phone from macOS Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.