Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay on Ford Edge

Is there a known issue with CarPlay not working on iPhone 13 ProMax? My car is not showing up on the CarPlay to connect to.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 12:23 PM

Hello Twopatts67,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't connect your new iPhone 13 Pro Max with CarPlay on your Ford Edge. We'll do our best to assist.

Congratulations on your new iPhone 13 Pro Max!

For an issue with CarPlay, have you tried the steps in: If you need help with CarPlay

Make sure you don't have CarPlay disabled in Screen Time: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try renaming your device in Settings > General > About > Name and then see if it shows up.

It might be still thinking you're trying to connect an older device, if you transferred the information over to this new one.

If that doesn't sort it out, then it might be best to contact Apple directly: Get Support

Wishing you well, take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 12:23 PM in response to Twopatts67

Hello Twopatts67,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't connect your new iPhone 13 Pro Max with CarPlay on your Ford Edge. We'll do our best to assist.

Congratulations on your new iPhone 13 Pro Max!

For an issue with CarPlay, have you tried the steps in: If you need help with CarPlay

Make sure you don't have CarPlay disabled in Screen Time: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try renaming your device in Settings > General > About > Name and then see if it shows up.

It might be still thinking you're trying to connect an older device, if you transferred the information over to this new one.

If that doesn't sort it out, then it might be best to contact Apple directly: Get Support

Wishing you well, take care.

Oct 29, 2021 3:54 PM in response to Twopatts67

I have had nothing but problems with my Ford edge and my I-phones (plural) since 14 IOS updates. Bluetooth gets static, sounds horrible on both ends. Thought it was an issue with my XR so I ordered a replacement (new 11) and the same issue, can't be phone right? took it to the dealer - talked to the service writer - had APIM replaced still have an issue, and sporadically. Now since last IOS update Carplay starts sometimes not others, tried a new cable (factory apple cable, new apple branded cable) Sync auto-downloaded last update - did not fix the issue. If Carplay does not start, only way to make work is to shut off car and restart engine and radio.

CarPlay on Ford Edge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.