Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving Health notification invitation

My friend is sharing her Health app data with me but I am not getting a notification when she starts the sharing. When I shared my Health data she got the notification immediately. What should I do to receive the invitation for Health sharing? My phone is running iOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 1:16 AM

Hello! I seem to be having the same issue as described above, where I am not able to receive an invitation to view my parent's health data. However, I am able to send an invitation to them, where they got an invitation right away. My iPhone is IOS 15.1.1, whereas my parent has 15.1. Both of us have two-factor authentication on, iCloud for the Health app on, and have each other's phone number and iCloud email on our contacts.

I looked all over for any troubleshooting recommendations, including the official Apple Health sharing instructions, as well as I did all your suggested steps of restarting my phone. Is this a glitch from an update, or am I missing something?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 1:16 AM in response to alma1090

Hello! I seem to be having the same issue as described above, where I am not able to receive an invitation to view my parent's health data. However, I am able to send an invitation to them, where they got an invitation right away. My iPhone is IOS 15.1.1, whereas my parent has 15.1. Both of us have two-factor authentication on, iCloud for the Health app on, and have each other's phone number and iCloud email on our contacts.

I looked all over for any troubleshooting recommendations, including the official Apple Health sharing instructions, as well as I did all your suggested steps of restarting my phone. Is this a glitch from an update, or am I missing something?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oct 22, 2021 2:47 PM in response to CreepingDevil

I’m having the same issue. One particular user within my iCloud family can accept invited but none of his outgoing invites trigger the notification. He can accept external invites though and all other users are able to set up 2-way sharing (I.e., the issue has been isolated down to the outgoing share from this user).

we’re all running 15.0.2, with phones ranging from 7 to 11 pro and this user specifically using a 6s.

Oct 5, 2021 12:26 PM in response to dominykasz2000

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, dominykasz2000!

We understand you're not receiving your friend's request to share health data. We'd be happy to provide information to help you troubleshoot this.

Open up the Health app and select the sharing tab. See if you receive the invitation then. If you don't receive it, try restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone

You may also want to try the latest update to see if it resolves the issue: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

Not receiving Health notification invitation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.