Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after iOS 15 update, ipad won't stay connected to my wi-fi

After iOS 15 update, ipad won't stay connected to my wi-fi

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 3:23 PM

Start here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your network. The resolution is relatively simple; may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address from your WiFi Router. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 3:23 PM in response to ricochetb

Start here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your network. The resolution is relatively simple; may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address from your WiFi Router. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

Nov 2, 2021 1:59 PM in response to MichelPM

I reset the entire iPad to factory, bluetooth off, airplane mode toggle on/off, network settings reset, no VPN settings, all default apps. Didn't even sign into Apple ID, and STILL wifi is intermitment, says either no internet or returns a invalid self assigned IP. Even when it does pull a correct IP, it says no internet connection. Router is not the issue since numerous other devices Apple and other OS connect fine. It's just this iPad 6th Gen 2018 that has been rendered useless.

Nov 29, 2021 2:06 AM in response to SHarri1

I’m having the same issue of WiFi not staying connected after the IOS 15 update on my iPhone. I do not have any VPN and have never used one. It may connect for a short time then disconnects by itself. If I leave my house and come back it will not connect automatically, so I have to go to WiFi and physically type the password in.

after iOS 15 update, ipad won't stay connected to my wi-fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.