Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not working with MAC OS SUR

My super drive is not working with latest OS Big SUR update

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 4:10 PM

my apple USB superdrive is working fine on the latest big sur, so i don't believe an update / upgrade has physically harmed yours. i can recommend two things to try that may help.

first, shut down the mac. then unplug the drive from the mac. then start the mac back up. once it's fully booted, reconnect the superdrive and test.

if that didn't work, i would try an NVRAM reset and an SMC reset with the following instructions:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 4:10 PM in response to bluues

my apple USB superdrive is working fine on the latest big sur, so i don't believe an update / upgrade has physically harmed yours. i can recommend two things to try that may help.

first, shut down the mac. then unplug the drive from the mac. then start the mac back up. once it's fully booted, reconnect the superdrive and test.

if that didn't work, i would try an NVRAM reset and an SMC reset with the following instructions:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Not working with MAC OS SUR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.