Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Support phishing phone call

I called Apple Support after getting a call from caller ID identifying as “Apple support”(AS) The Recording stated this is Apple Support letting you know your Apple ID has been compromised do not use your Apple equipment do not Do any financial transactions over any Apple equipment. “Please hang up and call Apple Support”. There wasn’t a press 1 now or a # given to call so I thought it might be legit. All I got from the real AS # I called was the automated Apple support stating it’s a scam which is not to comforting. I push #’s to speak to a live agent who said he wasn’t sure about it he needed to transfer me but instead I was disconnected.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 4:55 PM

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 4:55 PM in response to Concerned101

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple Support phishing phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.