Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete music I’ve uploaded to iCloud?

Can someone help me please before I lose my mind! I want to delete 10k worth of songs from my iCloud as not all have uploaded and it messes up my library when I turn on Apple Music to add songs to playlists. When I go into my iCloud it doesn’t show any music uploaded? How do I clear these off completely?!

HELPPP!!

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 10:42 AM

There's no way I know of to directly remove an iCloud track without affecting the local library.

What you can do is create a second Apple Music library (on either the same computer or a different one) by holding down the Option key when double clicking on the app icon and follow the instructions). Once it's created and connected to the iCloud instance, select all the listed files and choose "Remove from Library". Your regular library will then be updated next time you access it with all those files being set to have an iCloud status of "Removed", but will remain playable and all relevant metadata will be intact. To get those local files from your library back into iCloud, just select them and choose "Add to Library" from the right mouse button menu.

If you don't want to do that and just work within the original library, the easiest way I can think of is to create a Smart Playlist with a rule of "LOCATION is ICLOUD", select all the files that appear, right click to bring up the menu and select "DELETE FROM LIBRARY". This will remove the iCloud copy without affecting your local file but you will lose local metadata such as Last Played, Number of Plays and so forth. You can then drag the original files back over to repopulate the library.

Do *not* select "REMOVE DOWNLOAD" as that will delete your local copy if they're linked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 10:42 AM in response to Wakemeupalready

There's no way I know of to directly remove an iCloud track without affecting the local library.

What you can do is create a second Apple Music library (on either the same computer or a different one) by holding down the Option key when double clicking on the app icon and follow the instructions). Once it's created and connected to the iCloud instance, select all the listed files and choose "Remove from Library". Your regular library will then be updated next time you access it with all those files being set to have an iCloud status of "Removed", but will remain playable and all relevant metadata will be intact. To get those local files from your library back into iCloud, just select them and choose "Add to Library" from the right mouse button menu.

If you don't want to do that and just work within the original library, the easiest way I can think of is to create a Smart Playlist with a rule of "LOCATION is ICLOUD", select all the files that appear, right click to bring up the menu and select "DELETE FROM LIBRARY". This will remove the iCloud copy without affecting your local file but you will lose local metadata such as Last Played, Number of Plays and so forth. You can then drag the original files back over to repopulate the library.

Do *not* select "REMOVE DOWNLOAD" as that will delete your local copy if they're linked.

How to delete music I’ve uploaded to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.