Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Offload Unused apps

I want to turn off offload unused apps, but the option is unavailable. In settings I swipe down and search “Offload unused apps” when I tap on the setting it takes me to iPhone storage, but the option is not even there. Is it because my iPhone storage is too full? Please help.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 1:23 AM

Offload ("undownloading")Apps --> Happens automatically, when an app remains in your device unused for more than 12 days the app is offloaded automatically but the App data remains.

This is mainly used to free up space on your device

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using.

• Settings > [Tap your Name] > iCloud > Photos > Optimise iPhone Storage (Refer Pic 1}
  • Settings > iTunes & App Store > Offload Unused Apps [Enable] (Refer Pic 2}

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 1:23 AM in response to JCwal

Offload ("undownloading")Apps --> Happens automatically, when an app remains in your device unused for more than 12 days the app is offloaded automatically but the App data remains.

This is mainly used to free up space on your device

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using.

• Settings > [Tap your Name] > iCloud > Photos > Optimise iPhone Storage (Refer Pic 1}
  • Settings > iTunes & App Store > Offload Unused Apps [Enable] (Refer Pic 2}

Offload Unused apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.