Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media volume turns down automatically when i turn on microphone in game (call of u duty)

Whenever I turn on the microphone for talking to teammates, then the other sounds turn down as if there is no media volume at all.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 8:16 AM

Hello Jayjadhav,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that when using the microphone to speak in a third-party app, the audio in the background lowers. We'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

If this is happening in the app, it may be a feature or expected behavior when using the microphone to speak. We'd suggest checking the support site of the app if there is one or to contact the app developer to see if this is expected behavior. Here's How to contact an app developer.

Also, check to see if there are any available updates for the app.

Have a nice day.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 8:16 AM in response to Jayjadhav

Hello Jayjadhav,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that when using the microphone to speak in a third-party app, the audio in the background lowers. We'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

If this is happening in the app, it may be a feature or expected behavior when using the microphone to speak. We'd suggest checking the support site of the app if there is one or to contact the app developer to see if this is expected behavior. Here's How to contact an app developer.

Also, check to see if there are any available updates for the app.

Have a nice day.

Media volume turns down automatically when i turn on microphone in game (call of u duty)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.