Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting text messages that my message verification code is g- followed by numbers

I keep getting text messages that my message verification code is g- followed by numbers. Is this to google, Apple ID, Facebook, what is it for?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 8:55 AM

It’s not Apple ID; it doesn’t have a letter prefix. The G- I think means its Google or gmail. But if you haven’t done anything that would require authentication someone is trying to hack your account, so don’t respond to it. And change your password, because you won’t get an authentication request unless the user ID and password are valid.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 8:55 AM in response to Kay3221

It’s not Apple ID; it doesn’t have a letter prefix. The G- I think means its Google or gmail. But if you haven’t done anything that would require authentication someone is trying to hack your account, so don’t respond to it. And change your password, because you won’t get an authentication request unless the user ID and password are valid.

Oct 5, 2021 8:59 AM in response to Kay3221

As Lawerence Finch has mentioned, this is most likely an authentication request from Google. If you attempted to access your Google account from your iPhone, AND you enable two-factor authentication on that account, you would receive these types of texts ... otherwise, as mentioned this may be a means that a bad actor is attempting to gain access to your Google account.

I keep getting text messages that my message verification code is g- followed by numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.