Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod software 15.0, have to restart HomePod in order to stream

My HomePod has been behaving oddly since updating to software 15.0. First, it started unexpectedly dropping out when streaming, issuing a loud noise then going silent. Since I updated my iphone 11 to iOS 15.0.1, I have to restart the Homepod whenever I want to stream music to it using airplay. If I don't restart the HomePod, it doesn't produce any sound.

HomePod, 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 7:16 PM

i too have suddenly been experiencing airplay issues. Only in the last couple of weeks. I think it may be related to 15.0.

Also noticed for first time my HomePod being very hot.

As for the airplay issues i never experienced any problems before it had been flawless, my current issue that can;t be fixed with restarts, full resets and router restart is that i have a mini and normal on my desk and airplay to both. so a pair but not stereo pair. Sometimes this works other times only one will play. Happened from my iphone X and from my 13 max pro. All on 15.0 or above. Everything seemed very stable and no issues for me before 15.0. this is disappointing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 7:16 PM in response to FriendlyFiend

i too have suddenly been experiencing airplay issues. Only in the last couple of weeks. I think it may be related to 15.0.

Also noticed for first time my HomePod being very hot.

As for the airplay issues i never experienced any problems before it had been flawless, my current issue that can;t be fixed with restarts, full resets and router restart is that i have a mini and normal on my desk and airplay to both. so a pair but not stereo pair. Sometimes this works other times only one will play. Happened from my iphone X and from my 13 max pro. All on 15.0 or above. Everything seemed very stable and no issues for me before 15.0. this is disappointing.

HomePod software 15.0, have to restart HomePod in order to stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.