Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add smart health card to Apple wallet in iOS 15.1

According to everything I’ve read I should be able to. What’s the trick?

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 11:42 AM

8 replies

Oct 6, 2021 11:04 AM in response to Pam0616

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities  Pam0616,

Thank you for contacting us. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you. We understand you are trying to add your Health Card to your wallet and it's not accepting it.   We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. To start, are you able to download your primary provider from the App Store: View health records on your iPhone or iPod touch? You want to confirm your health provider supports the Health Cards. Additionally, have you looked at the FAQ for the Health Card that you have? We would recommend you restart you iPhone and try again.

Frequently Asked Questions

Restart your iPhone

If you need further assistance after following the links above, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

Oct 14, 2021 7:11 PM in response to karina184

The link you provide in this answer tells how to add the card to the health app. The questions was how do you add it to the Wallet. I also have the QR code/smart health card in my health app, but I would like to have it in the wallet. I would like to have both vac doses in one entry in the wallet. In the health app there are two entries each with its own QR code. Can the vac QR code card go the wallet at all?

Oct 14, 2021 7:38 PM in response to Theoriginaldavid

Bottom line? No, it is not supported. If you read the information contained in the support document related at the top of this page it mentions ways to store your vaccination records on your iPhone or iPod Touch. No where does it mention the Wallet app. It can only be stored in the Health App. Sorry, but I don’t know where you read that the Wallet could be used. It cannot.

Unable to add smart health card to Apple wallet in iOS 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.