Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to view FCP videos on Apple TV 4K when exported from FCP using the export Apple Device 4K

After I upgraded to FCP 10.5.4, when I attempt to export Final Cut Pro videos and attempt to stream to an Apple TV 4K device, i get the error, "The video is in a format that can't be streamed to this device." If I look at the compatibility for Apple Device 4k..., it only appears to be incompatible with any Apple devices. This feels like a codec problem, but I can't see a way to fix it. This did not happen with previous FCP versions.

If I drop the resolution down to 1080 and export, it will work. I'm able to stream other 4K videos, just not ones created on Final Cut Pro using the Apple Device 4k... default option.

How do I get compatibility on Apple Devices, including Apple TV 4K, when exporting from FCP at 3840 x 2160?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 6:58 PM

Open the current project. Select everything and copy it. Make a new 4K project at 30fps and paste the contents into it.

Similar questions

6 replies

Unable to view FCP videos on Apple TV 4K when exported from FCP using the export Apple Device 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.