📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix iMessage crashing

Just recently my iMessage will crash almost every 5-10 minutes. If I restart my iphone SE 2 it will work for a few minutes and then crash again. This is very frustrating as I cannot contact anyone. Also yes I’m up to date on updates and I have deleted large attachments and messages.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 7:24 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2021 1:42 PM in response to annika179

Hello annika179,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like iMessage keeps crashing on your iPhone. We understand how important it is to be able to communicate with family, and friends, and we'd like to help.

What do you mean when you say iMessage is crashing? Does it quit unexpectedly, stop responding, or show an error message? Please specify.

Are you experiencing this behavior with any apps other than iMessage?

What is the exact iOS 15 version installed on your iPhone? Settings > General > About.

We recently released iOS 15.0.1, so if you haven’t updated to that, let’s do so now. 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, check this out:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

How to fix iMessage crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.