Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone Mic not working on MacBook Pro

I had this HyperX headphone's for a while now. The headphone mic was always working on every device I had but just until recently it stop working on my macbook. The micophone doesnt show up on the "input" in sounds. But it still seem's to work on my micosoft pc. Does anyone have any advice?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 10:39 PM

Royuzuki Said:

"Headphone Mic not working on MacBook Pro"

-------

What to Do:

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for the microphone) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. 

Next...

• Create a New User, and See if that Works.

If so, then it is something installed/configured on your current user that should not be. So, transfer everything over to the new user, and then trash user. You should be good from there

Next...

• Boot into Safe Mode:

Hold Down the Shift Key upon boot. Once at the login screen, release shift. See if it all now works. In Safe Mode, only necessary items load (i.e. the caches), and new preferences are set aside.

If nothing above works, then...

• Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost, it's just that sometimes changes are made to your system, and then then processes become corrupted, technically. When reinstalling, deleted files are reinstalled, and misplaced files are moved back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 10:39 PM in response to Royuzuki

Royuzuki Said:

"Headphone Mic not working on MacBook Pro"

-------

What to Do:

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for the microphone) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. 

Next...

• Create a New User, and See if that Works.

If so, then it is something installed/configured on your current user that should not be. So, transfer everything over to the new user, and then trash user. You should be good from there

Next...

• Boot into Safe Mode:

Hold Down the Shift Key upon boot. Once at the login screen, release shift. See if it all now works. In Safe Mode, only necessary items load (i.e. the caches), and new preferences are set aside.

If nothing above works, then...

• Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost, it's just that sometimes changes are made to your system, and then then processes become corrupted, technically. When reinstalling, deleted files are reinstalled, and misplaced files are moved back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support.

Headphone Mic not working on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.