You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Vietnamese Keyboard (Telex) on Macbook makes me stressed. 😭

Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't want to be controlled by me. 😭

it donates me many junk characters or clears text on the box, especially if I delete some mistaken characters on typing.

It makes me stressed. Are you like me?

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 9:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 7:36 AM

Nope, it's random.

On Safari, depends on the website and type of input, such as Facebook, I will get errors easier on entering the post, but the comment is better. The problem is to be heavier on Chrome. If you want to write a document in Google Docs, I think you will throw your computer out because it is too hard.

With other apps (such as Microsoft Word), sometimes I cannot input (it freezes, and I need to switch to ABC mode), sometimes I got the character jumping (for example I type "Con gà" but I got "gà" only or "nCoCoooooon").

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2021 7:36 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Nope, it's random.

On Safari, depends on the website and type of input, such as Facebook, I will get errors easier on entering the post, but the comment is better. The problem is to be heavier on Chrome. If you want to write a document in Google Docs, I think you will throw your computer out because it is too hard.

With other apps (such as Microsoft Word), sometimes I cannot input (it freezes, and I need to switch to ABC mode), sometimes I got the character jumping (for example I type "Con gà" but I got "gà" only or "nCoCoooooon").

Oct 6, 2021 8:21 AM in response to KevinHoangN

Could you please indicate whether you see these problems with Mail, Notes, Pages, TextEdit, Messages? Or using Safari to type in this forum? That is what Apple needs to know about. It is also vital to tell people what MacOS version you are using (the hardware doesn't matter).

Problems you have with Word, Chrome, Google Docs, Facebook may be things which the people who make those need to address.

Oct 6, 2021 7:26 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

I see problems on many apps, but the most on Browsers, Microsoft Office, and some apps with a rich editor.

Problems you have with Word, Chrome, Google Docs, Facebook may be things which the people who make those need to address.

I don't think so. I believe that this is a core issue of the Mac Keyboards.

Have you seen any other reports of your problem in these Apple forums?

Yes, we discussed and tried to fix it by installing some external input keyboards.

We may get the security risks for installing external input keyboards, but it is better than built-in keyboards.

I'm using Big Sur v11.6 (I had just updated from Catalina a week ago). I have another Mac Mojave, but all the same.

Oct 6, 2021 9:21 PM in response to KevinHoangN

KevinHoangN wrote: I believe that this is a core issue of the Mac Keyboards.

If I search these Apple support forums for "telex" I don't find anyone else with your problem. If you have seen some discussions here, please post some links to them.

Could you provide some specific examples of the IM not working right, using screen shots from the Pages app, and specifying the keystrokes you input and showing the erroneous output? This is important because the first thing anyone has to do to try to fix your problem is to duplicate it on their own machine.

The Vietnamese Keyboard (Telex) on Macbook makes me stressed. 😭

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.