Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airpods

My AirPods disappear from the device list. Sometimes when I restart or switch account

MacBook Air (M1 2020) macOS BigSur 11.6

Anyone else have this issue?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 11:17 AM

pharoah_shaka,

We appreciate those details. Since restarting the Mac in safe mode did not help, we recommend to contact Apple Support to review this further. You can contact them through this link here: Get Support

Kind regards.

6 replies

Oct 6, 2021 3:49 PM in response to pharoah_shaka

Hello pharoah_shaka,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to view your AirPods in the Apple ID device list on your Mac. We'll be happy to help.

Your set of AirPod will only appear in the Find My app, but not in the Apple ID device list. That information is outlined in this helpful article: Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in Specifically in the section that says, "Add a device to the list" in small footnotes.

Kind regards.

Oct 11, 2021 11:19 AM in response to pharoah_shaka

pharoah_shaka,

Thanks for getting back to us and for verifying that information. Your AirPods should appear in the Bluetooth device list, even after restarting your Mac.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to verify your startup disk, delete some system caches and more. Once you're in safe mode, please restart your Mac as normal and see if your AirPods appear in the Bluetooth device list.

If needed, here's a helpful article on how to restart your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Best regards.

airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.