Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add US transit card to wallet.

I wanted to add my transit card to my apple wallet to make it easier to access. However, when I go to add it, the only options that show up for transit cards are transit cards in China. When I try to search directly for my card, it says “No Results.” My apple ID and my phone’s region are both set to the United States so why is this happening? The attached image shows the cards that pop up.

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 10:29 PM

Dont you read the question before uploading the answer? Your answer is to a different question. We dont see US transit options

12 replies

Oct 6, 2021 1:23 AM in response to arl7317

How to add a transit card to your iPhone

1. On your iPhone, open the Wallet app.
  2. Tap the Add button.
  3. Tap Transit Card to add a new transit card or tap Previous Card to add a transit card you previously added to the Wallet app.
  4. Choose a transit card from the list, or search by location or card name.
  5. Tap Continue.

More items...

Add a transit card to Apple Wallet

Nov 15, 2021 3:53 PM in response to arl7317

Not all US transit cards available on old models or OS.

• SmarTrip from Washington DC.: need an iPhone 8 or later with iOS 13.6 or later, or Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 6.2.8 or later.
  • Clipper from the Bay Area: need an iPhone 8 or later running the latest version of iOS, or an Apple Watch Series 3 or later running the latest version of watchOS.
  • TAP from Los Angels: need an iPhone 8 or later with iOS 13.6 or later, or Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 6.2.8 or later.

Dec 3, 2021 6:35 AM in response to KOP-SEE

This explanation would satisfy me if each time I tried to load a transit card I was shown a list of every card available, and only China-based cards were the ones supporting older hardware. But is that right? There is a long list of cards available (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207958), and it seems unlikely no other card supports older hardware. And Apple's support pages suggest that a user who seeks to add a card will be shown a list of regionally available cards, not every card globally.

Can’t add US transit card to wallet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.