Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move Motion Templates Content File HELP

How can I move my Motion Content [Titles, Transitions, Generators, Effects] out of the "Show Package Contents" in [Macintosh HD -> Applications -> Final Cut Pro] to my [External HDD -> Final Cut Pro (Folder)]

I have already tried to follow this link/article: https://support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/manage-motion-content-ver37e11fb98/mac

The reason why I want to move it out of its current location is because my Final Cut Pro application "SIZE" is growing

I already tried to create a new folder, created and tested in [External HDD -> Final Cut Pro (Folder)]

Questions

1) Why are my Titles, Transitions, Generators, Effects loading/coming from the Application -> Final Cut Pro -> Show Package Contents section instead of a folder by itself located somewhere else (even after I created a Motion Templates folder and named the files for example titles.localized and so on...

2) How can my Final Cut Pro grab the Templates information from External HDD -> Final Cut Pro (folder)?

Let me know if you need more information....

FYI: I keep my events and all that in my External HDD -> Final Cut Pro (folder)

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 8:29 AM

This is completely wrong. Who told you to put anything inside the application bundle? Plugins and additional titles, generators and effects, are NEVER stored inside the application. I would take everything out of the application and then reinstall it from the App Store. All those items should be stored either in Motion Templates in the Movies folder or inside the library bundle for use with specific productions.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 8:29 AM in response to KingJamesX13

This is completely wrong. Who told you to put anything inside the application bundle? Plugins and additional titles, generators and effects, are NEVER stored inside the application. I would take everything out of the application and then reinstall it from the App Store. All those items should be stored either in Motion Templates in the Movies folder or inside the library bundle for use with specific productions.

Oct 6, 2021 11:07 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I just erased my old Final Cut Pro and emptied the trash then redownloaded it again from the App Store. The picture below is what is showing now in the Macintosh HD -> Applications -> Final Cut Pro -> Show Package Contents... So far it looks good right now.

My next question is how do I properly create the "Motion Templates" folder in the External HDD -> Final Cut Pro (folder)?

I do not see a "Motion Templates anywhere on my Mac, Movies section, and I used spotlight to search up "Motion Template"

Move Motion Templates Content File HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.