Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I recover deleted text message

Can I recover a deleted text message

iPhone 12 mini, 14

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 8:41 AM

Potentially. Are these iMessages or SMS text messages? If the former, do you use "messages in iCloud?" Do you maintain recent timely backups of your iPhone to either iCloud or to your computer?

Ref:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 8:41 AM in response to Alaska54

Potentially. Are these iMessages or SMS text messages? If the former, do you use "messages in iCloud?" Do you maintain recent timely backups of your iPhone to either iCloud or to your computer?

Ref:

Oct 6, 2021 8:42 AM in response to Alaska54

Go to:

Settings > Your Name, iCloud etc.

Tap iCloud

Are Messages turned on (green)?

If yes, the message cannot be recovered

If no AND you have a backup made from before the message was deleted, you can restore your phone to that backup. But your phone will be restored to the date the backup was made, meaning messages, etc., sent of received after the date the backup was made will be gone.

Can I recover deleted text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.