Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working on new iPhone 13

I transferred my iPhone 11 to my new iPhone13 but I'm still not receiving iMessages on the new phone - I've tried testing and it seems to be coming from my email address instead of my phone number?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 10:29 AM

Hey JMN7542,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! Congratulations on your new iPhone 13! We understand you're unable to use iMessages so let's get you the help needed to get things working.

Based on your description, it sounds like your phone number isn't activating with iMessage. Navigate to Settings > Messages, and see if there is an alert that relates to activation failure. If you do see one there, please follow each step in this article: If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime

Keep us posted if you need more help with this issue after that.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 10:29 AM in response to JMN7542

Hey JMN7542,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! Congratulations on your new iPhone 13! We understand you're unable to use iMessages so let's get you the help needed to get things working.

Based on your description, it sounds like your phone number isn't activating with iMessage. Navigate to Settings > Messages, and see if there is an alert that relates to activation failure. If you do see one there, please follow each step in this article: If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime

Keep us posted if you need more help with this issue after that.

Best regards.

iMessage not working on new iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.