Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iphone 12 pro max

My iphone 12 pro max got stolen recently and had a passcode. I reported the phone as lost on find my iphone. Around 4 days later I received texts from 'apple' that the device was found. I stupidly clicked on the link. Now the device has disappeared from find my iphone. I changed my passwords incl apple promptly but can they still access data on my phone/icloud. Is there anyway to erase the phone they have. The imei was registered with immobilise and blacklisted on the network few days before this.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 11:35 AM

They would not have access to any data on your iPhone if you had a passcode on the phone.

There is no way for you to erase the phone once it disappeared from Find My, but they more than likely erased the phone themselves (without having access to your data).

They may have had access to any of your data on iCloud between the time you responded to the link and the time you changed your password.

Other things that you may want to do: If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 11:35 AM in response to wish256

They would not have access to any data on your iPhone if you had a passcode on the phone.

There is no way for you to erase the phone once it disappeared from Find My, but they more than likely erased the phone themselves (without having access to your data).

They may have had access to any of your data on iCloud between the time you responded to the link and the time you changed your password.

Other things that you may want to do: If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

Stolen iphone 12 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.